TIIPII WARRANTY INFORMATION
Warranty against defects, valid within warranty period
1.0. Unless otherwise specified in writing by TiiPii Bed (e.g. within a sales order), TiiPii Bed warrants that:
1.1. The ring system used in each TiiPii Bed is guaranteed against failure due to a manufacturing defect for 2 years.
1.2. The TiiPii Stand is guaranteed against failure due to a manufacturing defect for 2 years.
1.3. All components of your product other than 2.1 and 2.2 above (fabric, lacquered and other timber finishes, cotton, metal, etc.) are guaranteed against failure due to a manufacturing defect for a period of 2 years from date of purchase.
2.0. To be entitled to claim under the TiiPii Bed warranty against defects, the defect in the part or product must appear within the relevant time period set out in items 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 above.
3.0. To the maximum extent permitted by law, TiiPii Bed is not liable, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), under any statute or otherwise, for or in respect of:
3.1. Normal wear and tear (refer to the ‘Care and Cleaning’ Instructions within the Instruction manual included with purchase). In this regard, please note that the following may occur as a result of natural and normal usage:
(a) Fabrics may fade and crease;
(b) Fabrics may soften and stretch over time;
(c) Fabric elements are produced by hand and therefore, the size and weight of these
products may have minor variations of up to 5% from the sample products or from any product specifications you have been quoted.
(d) Powder-coated paint on the TiiPii Bed Stand may become scratched or chipped after moderate use and is considered wear and tear. It is important to touch up any damaged or removed paint with metal paint as soon as this occurs to prevent rust and damage to the steel.
Please also refer to “Care and Cleaning Instructions” below;
3.2. Damage caused by any spills such as but not limited to solvents, dyes or other corrosive materials, ink, paint, beverages or food, etc;
3.3. Damage caused by improper cleaning or not following the cleaning instructions as per the ‘Care and Cleaning’ Instructions included with purchase, negligence or treatment of the product with chemicals.
3.4. Damage caused by leaving the TiiPii Bed set up in inclement weather conditions. The TiiPii Bed is not recommended for use outside for prolonged amounts of time, and should only be used during fair weather. Therefore, damage caused by inclement weather elements such as UV, rain, wind, hail, etc will not be covered if it is deemed that the TiiPii Bed was not used in accordance with these instructions. During short periods of intermittent use it is recommended to protect the TiiPii Bed with TiiPii ‘Poncho’ Covers (sold separately) when set up in environments that are exposed to the elements. TiiPii beds are not designed to be left out year round or left exposed to inclement weather for prolonged periods of time. During prolonged periods of non use, it is recommended that the unit be disassembled, ensure it is fully dry, and stored away in the carry bags provided.
3.5. Damage caused by exposing the product to the sun, extreme heat or bright light such as lamps, or otherwise caused by your acts or negligence are not covered.
3.6. Damage caused by failure to entirely dry all elements of the TiiPii Bed and/or TiiPii Stand before packing or stowing away;
3.7 Damage caused by exceeding the load limit stated within the specific instructions of each product, or by using any TiiPii products in a manner not expressly intended by the manufacturer. Refer to the ‘TiiPii Safety’ section within the Instruction Manual.
4.0. Warranty against defects is not transferable. It is limited to the original purchaser specified in the original Sales Order. The warranty against defects only applies to products that are used for normal domestic purposes and excludes products used for commercial purposes (except deluxe range).
How to claim a warranty against defects
5.0. To claim under these warranties against defect, the Purchaser:
5.1. must cease using the product immediately after the defect appears; and
5.2. must notify TiiPii Bed no longer than 7 calendar days after the defect appears;
5.3. must provide TiiPii Bed with a copy of the original Sales Order or tax invoice.
6.0. To make a claim, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
7.0. Once a claim has been received with our Customer Service department, TiiPii Bed will assess your claim, and respond within 10 business days.
8.0. The Purchaser must bear the expense of making the claim, and the cost of all freight and other items. These will be charged to the Purchaser at standard courier rates.
Remedies for warranty against defects
9.0 If a part or product is determined by TiiPii Bed to have a manufacturing defect, TiiPii Bed will, at the election of TiiPii Bed, choose whether to repair or replace that part or product. This decision remains a reserved right of TiiPii Bed.
10. Under the TiiPii Bed warranty against defects, the Purchaser has the right to repair or replacement of the defective part or product only.
11. To the maximum extent permitted by law, unless expressly set out in these warranties against defect, and subject to any condition, warranty or right granted or implied under the Consumer Law relating to region of purchase or any other law which cannot by law be excluded by agreement, TiiPii Bed Limited has no liability to the purchaser under the warranty against defects (other than repair or replacement of the defective part or product), whether in contract, in tort (including negligence), under any statute or otherwise, for any loss or damage of any kind suffered by you or any other person in connection with the goods including, but not limited to, indirect and consequential loss.
CARING FOR YOUR PURCHASE
12. All TiiPii products should only ever be used in a manner as expressly intended by the manufacturer. Never exceed the maximum load limit stated within the ‘Instruction Manual’ included with purchase. Never stand, swing, bounce or jump into or inside the TiiPii; it is not to be used as a swing, trampoline or toy. TiiPii Stands are not to be used as a climbing apparatus or to hang any objects that are not sold by TiiPii bed for explicit use with the product. Ensure all TiiPii products are sufficiently clear of walls, sharp objects & unwanted obstructions that could damage or impair strength. Always retain and refer to the ‘Care & Cleaning’ section within the TiiPii Instructions and follow all guidelines when cleaning any TiiPii products strictly. Never store any TiiPii product damp or wet, all elements are to be thoroughly dried before packing away to avoid damage, failure to do so will deem the warranty void. Never use or leave the products assembled in weather that could cause injury or damage to the product. No TiiPii product should be left outside permanently or for prolonged amounts of time. It is highly recommended to always pair any TiiPii Bed with a TiiPii cover such as the ‘Poncho’ to protect the bed whenever used in environments that are exposed to the elements.
12a. Be sure to read and complete all safety checks for each TiiPii product under the ‘TiiPii Safety’ section within the instruction manual included with purchase before use to avoid hazard, injury and / or warranty being voided. Please retain this important information for future reference.
13. As with any product, prolonged exposure of to direct sunlight will cause irreversible damage. Direct exposure to sunlight may cause fabrics to fade and may also result in deterioration. Direct exposure to sunlight may cause timber products, particularly beads on the suspension ropes, to crack or split. Limit exposure to UV, do not leave permanently set up outside and always pair with a TiiPii Bed protective cover to maximise the lifespan of all TiiPii products.
14. If thread becomes loose on the fabric, simply cut it off. Never pull. Dust is best removed using your vacuum cleaner with the appropriate attachment. Avoid harsh brushing and sharp objects (rings, buckles, toys) as it will cause snagging of threads. Do not allow pets to walk on fabric and it is recommended to remove footwear within the TiiPii Bed. As fabrics differ in properties please only follow the unique ‘Care and Cleaning’ sections within the specific instructions included with purchase or contact us for details.
15. Limit exposure to rain and water. Always ensure the TiiPii Bed is entirely dry prior to packing and storing away, even if for a short amount of time. Failure to do so will increase the likelihood of mould developing and result in warranty being voided.
Lacquered & Timber Finishes
16. Natural timber will show distinctive markings, patterns and colour variations which are evidence of being produced from genuine timber materials. Regularly clean surfaces by wiping with a non-abrasive, damp cloth. It is recommended to periodically lacquer the bamboo timber elements of the Bamboo Stand to avoid deterioration and fading.
17. Gently wipe the surface regularly with a microfiber cloth damp with water to avoid build-up of pollutants, which may cause the surface to rust. Only use a recognised brand of polish, if necessary. Avoid contact with sharp or hard objects as this will cause scratching.
Stainless Steel: Regularly coat Stainless Steel surfaces in a protective oil, removing any residue rust with a coarse cloth or fine steel wool sponge gently beforehand.
Powder Coated Steel: It is imperative to touch up any damaged or removed paint with metal paint as soon as this occurs to prevent rust and damage to the steel.
Responsibility for Returning TiiPii Goods
18. The purchaser is responsible for returning any goods to TiiPii Bed at their expense. This is inclusive of returning items within our agreed ‘returns policy window’ as stated on our website or transporting the product to/from a specified place of repair or replacement.
Exceptions to Guarantees
19. Consumer guarantees do not apply if you:
19.1. Received what you purchased but changed your mind (outside of our ‘returns policy window’), found it for a better price elsewhere,
19.2. Misused a product in any way that caused the problem or damage; or
19.3. knew of, or were made aware of, the faults before you bought the product;
19.4. do not have proof of purchase.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this document, Tareo UK LTD and all agents & representatives thereof will not, under any circumstances, be liable to distributor or end users for consequential, incidental, special, punitive, or exemplary damages or death arising out of or related to the use of a TiiPii Bed in a manner not expressly intended by the manufacturer.
The end user is responsible for ensuring the TiiPii is properly installed in accordance with this manual and for confirming the load bearing suitability of any hanging structure.
Children are to be supervised at all times – never leave a child unattended. Not for use by children under the age of 3 years.
Should you require customer service or technical support, please contact our Customer Service department at; email@example.com
Tareo UK Ltd trading as TiiPii Bed. 8 Lee Street London, E8 4DY.